Monday, February 8, 2010

Success without my biggest supporter

As independant and strong as I may feel somedays, its not easy making my way without my Mom. I feel overwhelmed and frustrated many times a day, wishing I could ask her advice and get a little push from. She should be here everyday, or at least a phone call away, but she is not. Hearing her tell me I'm on the right track, or that she loves me, or that I'm completely off my rocker, is a dream that will never come true.

Over the weekend I took part in a conference for women in business, surrounded by successful, inspirational, wonderful women. These ladies wrap you in kindness, love, and support. These women, as far as I am concerned, are in my life because my Mom is not. They are gifts from heaven above, and if I have to make a go at life without my Mom, I know I can do it with these women behind me. I have so many things to be grateful for, and my Angel Mother is behind all of them. I miss her everyday, but am lucky enough to be aware of the blessings in my life that fill up the empty space her presence would otherwise be. When one door closes another opens, and for that I am so grateful. It is the reason we have the ability to thrive dispite adversity.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. So glad you started a blog. I'll add it to my favourites and keep reading...

    Hugs. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dearest Sheena,

    I am sure your mother is looking down on you with such pride.Remember that her spirit lives within you. Although I have known you such a short time, your ambition, love of your family, and energtic spirit are uplifting in this busy world.Know that I will be there whenever you need to the best of my abilities. True richness begins from the inside out.

    I am truly blessed to know you.

    Debra
    Debra@themillionairewoman.com
    www.themillionairewoman.com

    ReplyDelete